16 april 2012
De omzet van de Britse Recruiter Hays in het eerste kwartaal van 2012 steeg 10%.
Hays is de tweede speler op de Britse markt.
· Good Group net fee growth of 10%* versus prior year
· International business delivered strong growth of 18% and represented 70% of net fees in the quarter
· Strong growth of 26% in Continental Europe & Rest of World, driven by continued excellent performance in Germany which grew by 36%
· Good growth of 9%* in Asia Pacific, with 9% growth in Australia & New Zealand, and 5% growth in the rest of Asia
· Net fees decreased 5% in the UK & Ireland, with private sector declining 6%. Public sector net fees declined 2%
· Based on the Group’s year-to-date performance and our current view on outlook, we expect full year operating profit to be towards the top of the current range of market estimates
Alistair Cox, CEO
“We have made an encouraging start to the second half with good performances in many parts of the Group. In our International business, which now accounts for 70% of total net fees, growth accelerated to 18%. 13 countries around the world grew by over 20% and our market-leading German business was amongst 7 countries that delivered record performances. In the UK, markets remain difficult, especially in Banking and the public sector.
Looking ahead, many parts of the Group continue to grow, but ongoing uncertainty about the global economic outlook means that our markets around the world remain complex and far from uniform. Against this backdrop, we will continue to invest selectively in growth areas whilst at the same time reacting to changing conditions in each of our countries and specialisms to maximise fees and profitability. Our unrivalled global footprint, sectoral diversification and market leadership in so many countries positions us well to capitalise on today’s complex markets as well as the long-term opportunities for growth which remain undiminished.”
Bron: Hays, 12 april 2012